Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do prior to my first visit?
Please complete online forms that were sent to you via email. If you need to complete in clinic, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
What should I bring to my 1st visit?
Please bring a pair of shorts, tank top and/or sports bra (if you are female) and the footwear you wear for your activity (if applicable).
What is the initial evaluation like?
Your initial evaluation will include a listening session to capture your story and symptoms, a physical examination to determine your physical therapy diagnosis, a discussion of your personal goals and development of a treatment plan. The remainder of the hour will be spent on treatment.
Do I need a referral from my doctor?
No. Elizabeth has her doctorate degree in physical therapy which enables her to evaluate and treat you without an order from another qualified medical provider. She is trained to recognize “red flag” symptoms which would be out of her realm of care. If any of these arise, she would be able to make a referral to the most appropriate provider.
If you were referred by your MD, Elizabeth will be happy to communicate with him/her. We can work together to find a solution that works best for you.
How many visits of physical therapy will I need?
Upon completion of your evaluation, Elizabeth will make a recommendation for your total plan of care. This will vary from person to person depending on your unique situation and your goals. Your treatment plan will be divided into phases including:
1. Pain reduction
2. Discovery of underlying cause with treatment aimed at addressing it
3. Creation of resiliency for prevention of reoccurance and for performance improvement.
Typically, clients are seen for 5-8 sessions for optimal results. Successful physical therapy outcomes are also dependent on many other factors including quality care, patient committment and trust.
Can I do anything on my own to get better faster?
Yes! We encourage that! It is our mission at Juniper Physical Therapy, LLC to educate you on how to best care for your body. We will provide instructions for self care and a prescriptive home program for you. We will encourage you to “treat yourself” between sessions. Our ultimate goal is to empower you to recognize how you can prevent injury and take care of yourself independently. We LOVE taking care of you but feel real satisfaction when we know we have taught YOU how to be your healthiest self!
How do I pay for my physical therapy sessions?
At Juniper Physial Therapy, we believe in transparency for health care expenses. Elizabeth will ask you a variety of questions (prior to the start of your initial evaluation) to better understand your condition and individual needs. This will enable her to best predict your anticipated plan of care.
Juniper Physical Therapy is unique as you will know your anticipated cost day one. You have the option to pay per session but it is recommended you invest in your total plan of care from the start. This will not only give you a cost savings but will enhance your committment to yourself.
Payment is due at time of service, however, we encourage you to request a medically-coded receipt to submit for reimbursement through your insurance company or HSA/FSA.
Custom payment plans available upon request.
Restoration Program options include:
2. Try Before You Buy: Evaluation plus one treatment session
3. Accelerated: 5 sessions (including initial evaluation)
4. Standard: 8 sessions (including initial evaluation)
5. Complex: 12 sessions (including initial evaluation)
NEW Wellness Membership!
- Ideal for maintenance
- Exclusive to past Juniper PT clients
- Includes one 60’ PT appointment per month
- $25 off each additional regular price session(s) needed that month
- $50 Gift Certificate for State of Grace (yoga, massage & life coaching)
- Complimentary Life Coaching Discovery Session at State of Grace
- 5 personal training sessions at the YMCA for $20 each ($75 value)
- 20% discount on all in stock retail products at Juniper PT
- Priority Scheduling
- 30 day advance notice for cancellation
- Credit card required
- Must have undergone prior PT restoration program
1011 South 10th St, Suite 104
Manitowoc, WI 54220
IM me at facebook.com/juniperpt
1) LISTEN TO YOUR BODY before, during, and after treatment. Identify any areas of redness, tenderness, tightness, or tingling on the body. 2) RE-FRAME YOUR NOTION OF “PAIN” Allow yourself to soften your experience of pain. Instead of identifying with the pain, become...read more